Sunday, November 12, 2006

Floating in the summer sky, 99 red balloons go by...

It's been a good week. I only had three days of school, got to hang out with my friends, and get to level 58 in World of Warcraft. I didn't have any AP social studies homework this week, but we still got a homework sheet for the week. I think I'll put that up in my locker.

Thursday I got together with Pat and John. Got to go to the mall see the Wii, watch Man of the Year and generally have a good time. We're a pretty good group of friends. Pat had told me once that us three together could have a good time anywhere. I have to agree with him on that. It's nice to have a group like that. They're kinda like the people you may lose track of for a couple of years and then suddenly find each other again and say "Wow, man, look at you!" then from that to "Remember that time when..." and we would probably all chuckle/crack up over such sweet memories. I can only hope that I never lose track of friends like them.

Friday I went to the mall with Mike to see Borat. It was alright, kinda perverted at this one part, but I promised Pat not to ruin it for him. Friday was also my sister's birthday. She's twelve now, funny, a couple of weeks ago I didn't have a clue whether she was turning 11 or 12. Looks like we all do grow up fast. Going to the mall with Mike was pretty much an excuse to get out of the house and avoid the 10+ screaming girls running around the house and backyard. I bought a book, my first book in a while, Ghosts of Onyx. It's based on the video game, Halo. And yes, I'm a scifi nerd, but I prefer to be considered an avid fan of the series. The only extremely bad thing we did was go back between Game Stop and Babbages to double-double check with the people at the desk that the Wii was not working and that you didn't just turn off the screen to keep little kids from swarming the area, which is actually what the assholes did at Game Stop.

Saturday I met up with Pat, CC, Jess and Jess's little sister, Ali (or Alli, not sure), at Ralph's. Just as a side-note, I did not pay for an entire pie this time. In fact, Pat felt bad about me wasting 15 bucks last week and payed for my one slice and water. So we sat, ate and then went to the playground across the street and played "Lava Monsters." It was really fun climbing around the people being lava monsters bay balancing on the edge of the playground. I'd always get caught by whoever was waiting on this ladder on the side and it'd scare the crap outta me. So we were there for around an hour, before Jess's parents picked her and Ali/Alli up and CC, Pat and I went to Slouvaki's, ate some fries, chased after some guy named Lucas, who I know from the waiter in A La Carte, and that guy on the varsity soccer team. The rest was pretty much nothing, I went home to find my cousin was sleeping over.

Today, I've done just about nothing, went to church, did some homework, found out that my grandpa had been in the hospital with a slight heart problem, and pretty just be tired and not that active. I have to say that this has been a good week for me. I'm even realizing that I'm enjoying hanging out with my friends more than playing video games or reading. Hope the next time we all get together is sooner than later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

"We're a pretty good group of friends. Pat had told me once that us three together could have a good time anywhere. I have to agree with him on that. It's nice to have a group like that. They're kinda like the people you may lose track of for a couple of years and then suddenly find each other again and say "Wow, man, look at you!" then from that to "Remember that time when..." and we would probably all chuckle/crack up over such sweet memories. I can only hope that I never lose track of friends like them."

i'd have to agree, sir. but i am almost positive none of us would be saying that two or three years ago. it really is amazing how much we have changed.

mad props for you getting the new halo book. you beat me to it, 'cause i wanted to pick it up as well. lemme know how it is?

saturday was fun. we should do that again. and i totally feel you about wanting to see people over playing video games all the time. that's what i have been feeling lately. games still have a special place in my heart though.

anyway. keep up the good blogging. fight the good fight, sir. laters.

4:52 PM  
Blogger CC said...

I fucking love Henry.

Yep.

That's just about it.

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home