Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sing Us A Song, Piano Man

I never got that referal. I assume now that the sub was just bluffing or something. I'm quite happy about it. Anyway the next two days afterwards had been pretty normal. Saturday sophia and I had to work for two long hours on our spanish project in the library. We got most of it done I think. I still feel like it's missing something. Anyways after that we walked to pat's house. Pat had been 'entertaining' john playing one of his zelda games for quite some time. All we really did was watch him play for like another 2 hours, which was more boring than doing the spanish project. John was changing songs every 30 seconds on his ipod which can be really annoying. I like listening to entire songs. Entire songs and entire albums. It's just the way I am. Anyway, one of the highlights of being friends with pat is his willingness to hook you up with any music you want off his 11000 song library. Now I got a topped off ipod with bands I haven't even heard of. I've got some listening to do.

Shortly after we left to get pizza and see A La Carte, almost leaving without john in the process. I had stupidly volunteered myself to buy the pizza and garlic knots without first asking what everyone was going to eat. I pretty much wasted 14.25 on a large 8 slice pie and a tin of 6 garlic knots. Pat had decided to order something separately and john and already eaten. It was up to my and sophia then to eat the pie. Sadly, I only had like 2 slices and sophia must've had another 2 because there was four left. Not too bad I guess. I still felt like an idiot for buying that big of a pie. I hate making myself look like an idiot. Ah yes, how could I forget? Pat learned how to play part of 'piano man' on a harmonica I didn't even know he had. So here we were standing outside with pat playing the same thing over and over again, sophia shivering pathetically, john listening to his ipod, and I was just standing. Fortunately, pat stops playing, unfortunately he starts getting really cold and finds, of course, me, to hug and keep him warm. I couldn't really move and the few people passing by were staring at us. Sophia also was hugging pat so it was even weirder. John got to just gawk at us and pretend that he wasn't with us. So my mom picks us up, we try to work out how to get the middle seatbelt to work, drive to school (which we can never seem to get away from), listen to pat's annoying-as-hell harmonica playing, swap our tickets to get in the front row, and just sit around and wait for the show.

A La Carte was really good. It was odd seeing people you know up there, like cc, austin, stephen/steven, and kris up there acting. It was like there they are, but that's not really them, I think. I can't really discribe it that well. The show was pretty funny, I can't quite remember specifics at the moment, but the last part was cc's brother and the other person that I can't rememer her name was really funny with the bell that would restart everything. I would recommend anyone who read this before the, I think 3:00, show to go and see it today. After the show we got to go around the side to see all the actors and tell them how good of a job they did and I ended up running into some girl, Lilibeth or something, whom I haven't seen in quite some time. The last time I had seen her, she was taller and lacked the lip piercings, at this portledge camp we went to. It's a small world after all I guess.

I got some listening to do now, I think I'm listening to Angels and Airwaves right now. Oh shit, and I still got homework. At least I got the whole day ahead of me.

6 Comments:

Blogger Patrick said...

music is good. feel free to take from me any time because none of it is really mine. it's my brother's and his friends'. also the internets'. but music does not belong to anyone anyway, so it's all good.

henry, i take it you don't like my harmonica skills? that's just fine. i thought you would have appreciated my playing piano man for you, but apparently not. next time i won't cuddle you either...

fight the good fight, sir! was a good weekend. peace.

9:27 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

" I like listening to entire songs. Entire songs and entire albums. It's just the way I am"

thats interesting, too bad i have like add and cant listen to a song too long unless its like my favorite

10:16 PM  
Blogger Nick said...

Pat learned how to play part of 'piano man' on a harmonica I didn't even know he had.

-te he te he guess who hooked him up wit that

10:18 PM  
Blogger CC said...

I fucking love Patrick.

Sophia's a slut.

Just kidding, Sophia.

And, no A La Carte was not GOOD. It was GREAT. FANTASTIC. AMAZING. I PWNED.

Billy even told me I did, which made me feel really good about myself.

7:55 PM  
Blogger CC said...

PATRICK CAN PLAY "PIANO MAN" ON THE HARMONICA?

I MISSED THAT PART!!!!

FUCKING SWEET!!!

7:55 PM  
Blogger Patrick said...

"thats interesting, too bad i have like add and cant listen to a song too long unless its like my favorite"

your mom says that every time she puts on a song in the car. she reiterates that fact like it's going to mean something to me in the future.

(note: that wasn't a 'yr mom!' joke)

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home